Maryland's All-Payer Hospital System Modernization
Physician Alignment and Engagement Workgroup
In general, this workgroup will make recommendations on how the new hospital payment models should align and engage with physicians and other health care providers in partnership with patients to achieve the goals of the new model. The Workgroup will address topics that include:
1. Alignment with Emerging Physician Models
2. Shared Savings
3. Care Improvement
a. Care Coordination Opportunities
HSCRC Workgroups Descriptions
b. Post-Acute and Long-Term Care
c. Evidence-Based Care
Physician Alignment & Engagement Workgroup Membership
The Health Services Cost Review Commission (HSCRC) has appointed the a diverse group of individuals to serve on the Payment Models Workgroup. The list of workgroup members is available at the following link:
Physician Alignment & Engagement Workgroup Appointments - updated 3-25-2014
Meeting Schedule, Goals, and Documents
The Physician Alignment & Engagement Workgroup schedule is provided in the table below. Additional meetings will be added to the schedule. Please check back for the location and schedule of future meetings. Questions related to the schedule and location of meetings should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joint Workgroup Meeting and Webinar on the Cost of Defensive Medicine
Friday, January 9, 2015, 8:30 a.m.
University of Maryland Carey School of Law
This was a briefing on research that Diane Hoffmann (University of Maryland Law School) and Dr. Bradley Herring (Johns Hopkins School of Public Health) conducted regarding the cost of defensive medicine and any implications for Maryland's all-payer model. Their research will culminate in a paper that will be submitted to Commission staff.
Diane and Brad presented their research and allowed for questions for the first hour, and an additional hour was for comments from stakeholders on their perspectives on the topic of defensive medicine and assessment of implications on the new all-payer model.
- Report on Overview of Current Payment Models
- Report on Gainsharing Recommendations
- Care Coordination Follow Up Discussion and Initial Recommendations
- Post-Acute and LTC Speaker(s), Discussion, and Initial Recommendations
- Evidence Based Care Speaker(s), Discussion, and Initial Recommendations
- Initial Discussion of the Future Role and Workplan for Workgroup
8:30 – 10 a.m.
4160 Patterson Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21215
- Follow-up on Feedback from Commission on CMS / OIG on Gainsharing (if necessary)
- Finalize Care Improvement Recommendations, including Care Coordination, Post-Acute / LTC, and Evidence Based Care
- Finalize Recommendations on Future Role and Workplan for Workgroup
Final Report and Recommendations Slides
Final Report and Recommendations
- Report on Care Improvement, Including Care Coordination, Post-Acute / Long Term Care,
and Evidence Based Care
The Workgroup will provide interim and final reports to the HSCRC. Links to the reports issued to date can be found in the table below.
Public Comments Submitted to the Workgroups
The Workgroup will reserve time at the end of each meeting for brief comments and questions from the public. The public is also encouraged to submit written comments related to Workgroups at any time. Comments may be sent via email to email@example.com. Below are the comments received by the Workgroup to date.